Smartwatches Already Obsolete?

Like many I followed the release of the Apple Watch earlier this year. And although I think they look cool, there was just something about the whole idea of "smartwatches" that kept bothering me. Like, "Why do we need something like this?" and "Would I actually wear one?" I hardly ever wear a watch. Ever. And when I do I'm a Casio "G Shock" kind of guy except for when I wear the Tag-Heuer my wife gave me for my birthday. I have a colleague that wears a Rolex. And two that wear Breitlings. My Dad always wore an Omega. A watch can make a bold fashion statement. And at least for now, most "smartwatches" don't cut it although definitely the $17K Gold Apple Watch qualifies. For business and communications, my current phone (Galaxy S6 Edge) does everything I need. Plus tells the time! So I was interested to read this article by Rob Enderle in SD Times. Enderle makes some good points. But what is most important about any technology is whether or not it works for you. So, do you own a smartwatch? And what functionality does it add?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EOQ Calculations in Excel

Reliability Calculations in Excel

“How Are We Doing?” Efficiency, Utilization, and Productivity